Terms & Conditions
Customers should also read "information" section CUSTOMISED / MADE-TO-ORDER ITEMS can take longer than stated delivery times (items marked with a*) See below for further information See website for further details
- Payment is due with order. Payment methods available are - credit card (on-line), Pay pal or cheque. Please make cheques payable to "Northern Lights".
- Delivery of orders is usually within 2-5 working days from receipt of payment subject to stock availability. Please read full details on our 'delivery' page.
- Out of stock items. If any part of your order is out of stock you will be notified in writing if your order is going take longer than 14 days to deliver. We will also suggest options available to you. Incomplete orders will not normally be sent out within this time frame unless specifically requested (this does not apply to items which state longer delivery times). Days quoted are 'working' days.
- If you need items by a specific date please quote it in the comments box before submitting your order. This will enable us to advise you if there is a problem with meeting this date for any reason.
- Standard delivery charge is £6.95 to UK mainland destinations. other areas see main delivery pages. The delivery charge includes insurance & packing. Carriage is based on delivery services between Monday - Friday. Saturday deliveries are available at extra charge. Please read our 'delivery' page for further details.
- UK law is the recognised law.
- By purchasing from Northern Lights you are entering a legally binding contract of sale and agree to all the terms & conditions as stated herein.
- Privacy Statement. Northern Lights will not pass details of any customer to any third party. Customers may be sent our own company information from time to time. If you do not wish to receive literature from us please notify us by email to be removed from the mailing list.
- Customers are asked to read the candle burning, candle safety and relevant product information pages on our website under the information section for candle safety and use of products.
- Goods ordered in error will incur a handling charge of 15% of the total order value. Cost of sending & returning the goods will not be refunded.
- Orders will automatically be cancelled after 14 days if no payment is received unless otherwise stated by the purchaser.
- Due to batch production methods customized, made to order candle sizes quoted on this website are approximations only. If accuracy of size is of particular importance please advise us accordingly. Sizes quoted is most cases will not be out by more than 1 - 10 mm unless stated otherwise.
- Goods signed for at the time of delivery without inspection will invalidate any claim for damage "in transit". If in doubt, sign the delivery as "unexamined". If the box is obviously damaged, sign the delivery form as "box damaged". Notification of defective goods must be within 4 days of delivery, in writing (by email or post) using the supplied returns form. The returns form must be returned in the standard post, signed and be received within 7 days. Note that delivery drivers are allowed to wait for 15 minutes whilst goods are inspected.
- Handmade, made-to-order or customized products can not be cancelled except under exceptional circumstances. Items of this nature are marked with a * on the website against the product. Any problem with these products must be notified to us in writing within 2 days of receipt. The returns form must be returned within 7 days of delivery.
- The colour chart is for guidance only. Whilst we will do our best to send the colour requested customers should be aware that colour perception on your monitor screen may be different from that on ours or on a finished wax product. If you need an exact colour shade then we advise that a colour sample swatch be sent in with your order.
- Cancelling an order can only be done in writing (by email or post) and by the originator of the order. We do not accept cancellations by telephone. Cancellations can not be accepted once the goods have been paid for and/or have been despatched. Cancellations made after 30 days may result in payment administration fees being made on your card or account depending who you used to pay.
- Items marked with an asterisk (*) are custom made, or made-to-order items. They may take a little longer than our normal delivery times. Customers ordering products with (*) against them on a Next Day delivery basis will not usually get goods the next day however the order will still receive high priority and will be sent out 'next day' when ready.
- Refund's are usually only issued in money if over £10.00. Under £10.00 refunds are issued by way of a credit note with ourselves which can be used for future purchases.
- If you need specific information about any aspect of your order please email us with your request quoting which items (by stating the product code) you are enquiring about.
- Emails are dealt with promptly. All email staff are trained to deal with all types of queries. Your email will be passed to the relevant person and you should receive a response within one hour (during working hours).
- Customer Services deal with queries via email (preferred) or in writing. You can leave a telephone message providing you have all the correct details however Customer Services in most cases will always respond by EMAIL This policy does not delay your query in any way.
- Once you have pressed the submit button you are entering into a legally binding sale of contract with with Northern Lights. Any changes you want to make to your order after it has been submitted must be made in writing (by email or post). We regret we can not make changes by telephone call alone.
- If your order specifies that delivered goods are to be left without signature then Northern Lights or Parcel Force cannot be held responsible for items that may be subsequently discovered as damaged or for items that go missing.
- If you require samples we can on certain products send samples which you would order and pay for in the usual way, if you return with an order over £50.00 we will refund the sample product value only, providing they do not go over £3.00 excluding the postage & packing. If you want to return the samples you would use the "cooling off" clause to do so. Samples and subsequent order must take place within 14 days of each other.
- When sending in a swatch colour sample we usually keep it on file for 3 year for reference, if you want to make another order using it you can by quoting your last invoice number you used the swatch with. (does not apply to organic samples).
- Customers will also need to read the return policy prior to ordering and are agreeing to ALL our stated terms and conditions by submitting an order to us.
- We reserve the right to deduct the correct payment from your card for your order, this includes delivery charge as appropriate.
Customers should read all the relevant information including safety and product care sections relevant to their order before submitting an order